I started my weight loss journey with weight watchers in January of 2010. I stopped for quite a while during my pregnancy and 6 weeks after. I am doing Weight Watchers exclusively online. It has saved all my information from that first weigh in.
Yesterday, I weighed in at 166.6 lbs. I have lost 40.4 lbs from my initial weigh in. I can’t believe I am 40 lbs lighter!! To take a page from my friend’s blog thirthythreeandcounting here are a few thing that weigh 40 lbs:
- The big bag of dog food (What a pain to haul)
- A 15-ft canoe
- 5 gallons of water
- The average human leg (my leg is almost average :-D)
- Two car tires
If I loose another 8-10 lbs I will have lost as much as both my kids combined. It depends on how fast I loose and how fast they grow. I think eventually I will catch them, and then before I know it they will be bigger again. It’s wild to think how heavy they can feel after lugging them around for a little while. I used to be that much bigger and had to lug that weight around with me all the time.
Things that have improved with my weight loss:
- My knees don’t hurt. I used to have knee pain anytime I worked out or was barefoot for more than a few hours.
- My back doesn’t hurt daily.
- I can wear some of my old clothes that I have been hanging onto.
- I can fit through my son’s fold out tunnel.
- My stamina
- My appearance
- My self-esteem
Sometimes it is hard to see the changes that have happened. They have occurred slowly over time. When I look back and think about it all, I can’t help but smile.
Thanks for reading!